• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Installed BitDefender 2016 and now I can't access BeerSmith

pilgrim

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I upgraded my BitDefender software to 2016. When I tried to open BeerSmith I got a warning message about Ransomeware asking me to allow or disallow. I got a bit of a fright when I saw that so I selected Disallow. Now when I try to open Beersmith I get a load of error messages saying that access to the folders is denied.

From the Bitdefender Forum:

Removing Blocked Apps From the Blocked Apps List and Then Whitelisting Them
1. To remove a blocked application click on Modules and then click on Protection Locate Ransomware Protection and click on Blocked Applications. Highlight the blocked app and remove it from the Blocked Applications list.
2. To whitelist that app just removed from the Blocked Applications list or any app go to Ransomware Protection and click on Trusted applications. Add the app you want to whitelist.

Removing A Folder From the Protected Folders List and Adding a Folder To the Protected Folders List

1. To remove a protected folder from the proteced folders list, click on Ransomware Protection locate the protected folder in the list, highlight it and click Remove.
2. To add a protected folder to the protected folders list click on Ransomware Protection, click Add, browse for the folder you want to add to the protected list and add it.

If you need to reinstall BeerSmith in order for Bitdefender to recognize it.
Make a  backup of ...Documents/BeerSmith2.
Go to Help > Activation and copy your key.
Download and install BeerSmith from the BeerSmith website.
Follow any prompts to allow BeerSmith to be allowed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. All back to normal again now. Didn't have to reinstall Beersmith.

And just for good measure, thank you.

:)

Back