• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

NEW RELEASE: BeerSmith with 2008 BJCP Style Guide and Batch Sparge Improvements

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  Newest release of BeerSmith here (Version 1.4, build 036)

NOTE: Due to an earlier bug in "automatic updates" we are recommending you manually download and install this update using the instructions for upgrading on this downloads page:

http://www.beersmith.com/download.htm

This release contains:
- The 2008 BJCP Style Guide Updates (Thanks to Fred Bonjour for building this)
  -- BeerSmith should ask you if you want to use this guide, but you can always set the style guide using the "Brewing" page from the "Options" diialog (tools menu)
- A new "equal running" option for batch sparge - which results in better efficiency
    -- Within mash profile details, Check the "Sparge using equal size batches" but uncheck the "Drain mash tun before starting..." to get equal size runnings
    -- The batch sparge mash profiles were updated to use this as the default profile
- A Danish style guide
- A number of bug fixes to address currency concerns, display problems, etc

NOTE: The BJCP guide consists of material excerpted with permission from the BJCP Style Guidelines, copyright 2008, Beer Judge Certification Program, Inc.  If you wish to access the entire BJCP guide, please visit the BJCP web site:  http://www.bjcp.org

Cheers!
Brad

Hi

I purchased BS in oh, November or so.  I D/Led 1.40 build 32.  I have the software set to automatically, "Update Beer Smith from the Internet.

So.  I go into, "Tools" and run the Update from Internet.  The software searches the net and concludes, "There are no updates available at this time".

Does this mean that I have the latest?  Even though the information contained in, "Help" > "About Beer Smith" says I have my original software, ie 1.4 build 32?

Hi,
  My apologies but I have not yet posted the update to the automatic updates.  Because a number of files were changed (styles, mash profiles, etc), the upgrade is a bit more complex to post than most updates.

I hope to get it posted for the automatic update this weekend.  In the meantime, you can download and install the updates manually using the instructions on our download page.

Cheers!
Brad

All
  I posted a minor update today (build 037) which corrects a small bug that prevents some users from getting automatic updates downloaded.  Unfortunately, if the bug affects you, you will need to update manually following the instructions on our downloads page.

http://www.beersmith.com/download.htm

Brad

Ive downloaded and burned the ISO from several sites and they are all coming up with errors.  Anyone else having problems with 7/26 build ISO?

Jeff

Hi,
  I uploaded a fresh copy of the ISO to the site and also I uploaded one to our FTP server:
    ftp://beersmith.com/pub/beersmith.iso

I suspect you might be having a download problem - so give the FTP link a try.

Cheers,
Brad

Back