• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost all recipes, profiles, ingredients, inventory ***HELP***

Notting Hill

Apprentice
Reaction score
When i started up BS today, I found almost all (expect 2 old recipes) my recipes had disappeared, from both my recipe folder as well as my brew log. Can anyone help with restoring them? The current version on my drive of BS is 2.2.13

All of your recipes and profiles should be in the .../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder. Make sure you are logged in as the correct user. Second, look to see if that folder has been either sent to trash or quarantined by anti virus or malware prevention software.

If it's still missing, make a backup of that folder.

In that backup folder, find: Recipe5.  double click.That'll be the oldest backup that BeerSmith performed. It updates this each time BeerSmith is closed.

Couble click the Recipe5 file,  it should automatically open BeerSmith.

Just highlight all of them and copy/paste them into the new folder that BeerSmith created when it opened.

If your recipes are there, then do the same with the equipment, mash and other profiles you've created. You can open these with File > Open File > [Backup BeerSmith Folder]/Filename5.

Thanks for your help, but the Recipe 4 &5 files were almost a year old, so only two recipes there (which was showed up in the "corrupted" list. I have found a bunch of individual files in the Archive, I guess I just have to move them one by one. Hopefully I can also find my ingredients, amsh and other profiles that I had set up for my Picobrew Zymatic. Guess I just have to be sure to make backups more often.

Of course it would be nice if BS did not lose them in the first place

Did you check any of the recent numbers (Recipe1, Recipe2, etc...) as well?

Brad

This exact same thing has happened to me.  I have 2.2.12.  I have checked all of the recipe files (1-5) and they have all been saved today but all of my recipes since May 2015 have disappeared!  Help!

Ok, today I started up Beer Smith.....and a pop-up saying I had not registered arrived.  I looked through my emails and found my registration number.  Entered it. 

Beer Smith started right up!!!  Without my recipes!!! 

I only had 2.  One that I bottled today and the next one I was going to start this weekend.

I really wanted the info I had entered.  I had 3 or more pages of notes that I hate to lose.

I have looked into the "documents/BeerSmith" directory.  double clicked on all of the Recipe# files.  All of them were recipes, but none of them contain the ones I entered.

All of my inventory is there. 

I did a search for the name of my recipes, no luck.

This seems to be a common thing?

Help

The other place to check is the Recipe Archive under View->Recipe Archive as it records a hard copy of each major recipe edit.  You can search by recipe name there.

Brad

It was not in the recipe archive.  I did however find it in reports.  It is an older version, but has the base ingredients.  Doesn't have the 3 or 4 pages of notes, but I can at least figure out the alcohol content.  I have no other notes for this brew except on BeerSmith.

Any way of getting anything out of the reports folder other than clicking on it and it opens with IE?

Thanks.

all of my GRAIN and YEAST profiles are missing...all other ingredients are there but grain & yeast are suddenly gone. is there a way to restore them? running version 2.2.12 on a MAC.

Back