• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't save recipies, ingredients e.g. in BS2

KHM07

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm new with BS2. I have tried to open files and save report (how i read the manual). I have tried with an recipe, a yeast and a brewster equipment profile. I open the .bsmx files in BS2 but when i try to save them in the BS2 folder, they are transformed to .html files. The result is always the same, I can't find them in BS2:(

I use Mac El Capitan.

Anyone who have a suggestion?

BR

Kim

I'm not sure how you are opening or saving these files. Are you doing this with BeerSmith or some other method?

Equipment and other profiles are saved into their respective databases, as the same name, when you modify them and click "ok" to close. When you open BeerSmith, any new profile should be in its database, under the name you gave it. You shouldn't ever have to save a profile or ingredient as a separate file, if you're using it in BeerSmith.

Hi

I do it in BS2.

I import file using "open". In this case i have opened a profile for my equipment i try to import/save. See image.

Then i try to save by "Save report". Then i have the option as in the next image.

I don't know why the file has changed from .bsmx to .html and where i should save it. I have tried different solutions but when i afterwards open Profile-->Equipment i can't find my profile (Brewster-Kim).

What to do? :(

BR

Kim

It's much simpler.

With the equipment profile open as you had it, then open the equipment profile tab: Profiles > Equipment.

Copy your profile then paste it into the equipment tab. Close the tab.

You'll be prompted to save your original equipment profile, but you can click no.

Repeat this with any other custom profiles or ingredients you want to import to BeerSmith. If there is a long list of items, you can use Shift-Click to highlight all the items at once.

Thanks, brew fun :)

That was a big help and now i can move on with settings and my first recipe in BS2.

Happy Easter.

Back