• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

change grain weight type

bobo31

New Forum Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the grain weight type could be changed on the fly.  Such as enter the amount of grain in ounces or pounds similar to the way you can change the weight type for Misc. ingredients.
In the Misc. ingredients section there is a combo box to select grams, ounces, pounds or whatever.  I would be nice if grain had the same combo box.  I know you can change between pounds and ounces in the advanced section.

bobo31 said:
It would be nice if the grain weight type could be changed on the fly.  Such as enter the amount of grain in ounces or pounds similar to the way you can change the weight type for Misc. ingredients.
In the Misc. ingredients section there is a combo box to select grams, ounces, pounds or whatever.  I would be nice if grain had the same combo box.  I know you can change between pounds and ounces in the advanced section.

+1

This is something that's frustrated me since I first tried Beersmith.

This is already part of BeerSmith.

If you enter hop or grain weight in any other unit, BeerSmith will convert it to the units you have set in the Advanced menu.

mg = milligram
g = gram
ml = milliliter
l = liter
lb = pound
oz = ounce

And so on. You can combine like units (1 lb 4 oz) and BeerSmith will convert it. A fast lookup of unit abbreviations is the dropdown list from any ingredient in the Misc database.

Here's the Help page:
http://www.beersmith.com/help2/index.html?automatic_unit_conversion.htm

Back