• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timer for mash stir

Lunkerking

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to add a timer within the mash to stir?  I tried to add a misc item and gave it a time within the mash but it does not show up as an item that is timed.
thanks

Greetings, I am not aware of any particular timer within BS to let you know it's time to stir. My suggestion would be to use the timer in your smart phone.

You can set it up within your mash profile as a step.  I have set my mash profiles for a 10 minute rise in temp, which is basically the stirring I do after adding the grains and then let it sit for my mash period of 60 minutes.  If you wanted to set up to stir the mash every 20 minutes, you can set the mash steps to 20 minute, 5 minute stir, then another 20 minute rest, etc.  You will just end up with more mash steps (keep same temperature, no water infusion) which will be reflected in the timer.

Back