• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

documents folder issue on windows 10

krifos

New Forum Member
Reaction score
After installing BS2 on W10, for some reason it has default documents folder in the root of my documents. When trying to switch to a new folder, the program just hangs forever.

This is the same if I try both inside or outside the documents folder, for instance d:\documents\beersmith2, or d:\beersmith2. It just hangs.

I've tried running as administrator, but same thing happens.

You can actually manually force it to use a different directory though it should not be needed in most cases.

Run Regedit as an administrator and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BeerSmith2 and create a string entry called "Directory" there.  Give it a value of the full path to your desired directory such as "C:\Users\Brad\Documents\BeerSmith2"

Next create that directory (make sure it exists) and then run BeerSmith2 - it should start up with a clean data setup in that directory.

Brad

Back