• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A little help please with wiring up a 240v PID

sandgroper

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone wired up a Ink Bird ITC-100 VH PID along with a SSR 25 and three switches o for PID,  Element and  alarm?

The switches are 4 Pin ON-OFF LED 240v 15A  Rocker Switch For PID & Element, 2pin ON-OFF LED 240v 15A Rocker Switch for Alarm

The first attachment it shows the SSR  with pins  4  2 but with  my SSR in the second attachment it has it as  4 1 
                                                                              3  1                                                                                        3 2

in their diagram the pins configuration are opposite to mine, this is what I'm confused about. I have checked around on youtube

In the third attachment  is what I think it is.

If I'm wrong please anyone that knows how to wire to this configuration please send me a diagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-05-06 22.25.16.png
    Screenshot 2016-05-06 22.25.16.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 9
  • SSR.jpg
    SSR.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PID.jpg
    PID.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8
New diagram with some help

The Element insulation  switch is now between the PID and the SSR, with two editorial 16A inline fuse 1st main power coming in  2nd between SSR and element. He has add the Alarm Buzzer with switch. The diagram will be for the HLT and Mash tun. With the boiler he is going to get back to me in regards  where to put the 4000W 220V AC SCR Voltage Regulator Dimmer Electric Motor Speed Controller for the element.

Attachments

• PID 4.jpg
    PID 4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 5db112f0-f11c-4087-bb23-b84f256c4612.jpg
    5db112f0-f11c-4087-bb23-b84f256c4612.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 2
  • HomeEarthRodAustralia1.jpg
    HomeEarthRodAustralia1.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 2
Unless the person drawing the schematic knows something I'm missing, it looks like it's wired so that all points are hot (voltage on) and the return (neutral) is the control. This seems backwards to me, because the PID should be controlling the hot on/off, so that all components are cold (no voltage) when in their off state.

It's as simple as reversing the pin 12 and 9 connections. If you just hook up the power and test PID contacts with a meter, this'll confirm the proper hookup without damaging any equipment.

Back