• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Estimated gravity not calculating

Poidog

Apprentice
Reaction score
I started a Scotch ale recipe, which at first showed 14 pounds of grain would have an estimated gravity of 1.063 and a pre-boill gravity of 1.053.  After tweaking the mash schedule and other things, I went to print out the brew steps and saw that the estimated gravity for both were 1.000.  Now I can't get it to show any gravity.  I deleted and re-add the grains, but it still shows 1.000.  I tried the "adjust gravity" button but nothing makes any gravity reading show up.  What happened?

Could you post the recipe as a .bsmx file? From your description, it could be many things.

To do that, highlight the recipe name, then click "Export Sel". Then upload it here as an attachment. This will show all of your recipe items and profiles.

Ok, here it is.

Attachments

• gravity problem.bsmx
    25.6 KB · Views: 148
On the recipe design page, the "Tot Efficiency" reads zero. This should read the nominal efficiency of your brew system. This field is the same as "Brewhouse Efficiency" in the equipment profile. In your case, it should be 68%.

Why thank you, that fixed it.  Don't know how that got changed.
Appreciate it!

Back