• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

bottle/keg date

widgeteye

Apprentice
Reaction score
In BS2 On the design page on the bottom right of the page there is a place that says: Select Fields.  And under there I see the field: Bottle/Keg date. And for the life of me I can't find where that field id set.

Thanks for any help.

It's a calculated date, based on your fermentation profile. All of the dates will be calculated based on the date field in the recipe design tab. Change the date or the fermentation profile and the dates will follow.

The dates can be seen in several of BeerSmith's reports.

New BeerSmith user here - this one was driving me crazy as well.
I get the fermentation profile thing, but it's kind of annoying that I need to calculate the days between brew day and today to get my bottle/keg date correct. It would be great if this worked like every other field in session, i.e. under At Bottling/Kegging:
Code:
Scheduled Bottle/Kegging Date: {estimated_date}
Code:
Actual Bottle/Kegging Date: {date picker}

gregh said:
New BeerSmith user here - this one was driving me crazy as well.
I get the fermentation profile thing, but it's kind of annoying that I need to calculate the days between brew day and today to get my bottle/keg date correct. It would be great if this worked like every other field in session...

I agree that this would be useful in the Session Tab. However, you can add it to the custom fields on the design tab.

You can select the bottling date and the end date, as desired. The bottling date will be the last day of your fermentation steps. The end date will be determined by how many days you have in the "age for" step in the fermentation profile.

Back