• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water profile

mustard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, Ive just downloaded the 21 day trial. I've been using a couple different brewing software. But I just got an email of my well report for my water profile. Now looking for a program to help me reach the right PH and water profile for my brews. I've input in two separate spots my water profile. I was under the impression that there was somewhere to see where my water profile was with a certain recipe. IE If I'm brewing a stout where is my PH what kind of additions would i need to make. Or if i'm brewing a light Pilsner. Going to need different profiles for each recipe. I've put in a recipe but not seeing anything populate. I've looked at the water tab it says 5.2 PH (black IIPA recipe) I've taken out black grain and just used base malt crystal and still says 5.2 PH so it doesn't seem to be changing. Any help on how to set up water profile to assist with different brews would be helpful.

Thank you

Shawn

Have you tried Bru'nWater ? I have not used it myself yet as I need to download office so I can use it . I am very up to date  :p LOL
Anyway not sure if this helps but hope so.

I use www.brewersfriend.com. They have a wonderful calculator and it keeps records of all of the water profiles.

Mark

Thanks guys, I have the brewers friend mobile app. Is the desktop version a lot better? Is there any sense in purchasing the beersmith program if I can get it all on brewers friend. It seems that I can make a certain style of beer from various cities around the world and it will calculate what salts etc I need. But Just to tell me that my PH or whatever would be a bit high in a certain recipe and recommend using salts or another addictive to better my beer should be fairly simple. I'm on well water and find I need to brew darker style beer. I just got my well report back and I'm excited for my next brew to make sure my mash is most efficient I can get it. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Back