• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Discussion Forum Theme/Look & Features

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,
  I updated the discussion forum to give it a new theme.  The old one was looking a little dated.

I also enabled a number of new features including messaging, karma (you can applaud people), additional profile features, upload of avatars, buddy lists, etc...hopefully you will enjoy them.

Finally - there is an RSS subscription button that lets you receive the latest 15 posts via RSS subscription - either via email or an RSS reader.

Let me know if you find any problems or if you like the new theme!

Thanks,
Brad

Looks really good Brad, nice fresh look and seems a bit more functional too, probably because the icons are slightly bigger makes it easier for my tired eyes.

As always a great job.

Cheers
Andrew

Yes, looks good....You have been adding features to BeerSmith on a regular basis this last month or so.  All have been welcome.

Personally, I would delete your Swap Meet set of forums.  It looks as though there is not much activity.  Keep in mind your main goal and purpose of your web sites and eliminate all content that does not fit.

Since you started this, many other sites have developed similar content.  Let them handle what they do best, and you deal with what you do best.  You no longer have to do it all.

Thanks,
  I moved it to the bottom of the board - I'll consider deleting it in the near future if it continues to have no significant activity.

Cheers!
Brad

Please accept my comments for what they are, simple observations.  But, I have noticed and do appreciate your upgrades and updates to the board, your website as well as your program.  Therefore that does tell me you are interested in continued development and support.

I have two picky issues:

In the Suggestions, Tips and help in development forums there are posts that members have provided and you have added those suggestions, tips a help into BeerSmith.

To encourage new members to read and add additional suggestions, tips and help in development I would suggest you or somebody on your team cull the old posts.

Why?  1) Because you have over time upgraded the program, you have already included many of these user suggestions.  2)  By culling out the old, us new users can sort through the new ideas faster, get us up to speed and become active users sooner.

Rep said:
Please accept my comments for what they are, simple observations.  But, I have noticed and do appreciate your upgrades and updates to the board, your website as well as your program.  Therefore that does tell me you are interested in continued development and support.

I have two picky issues:

In the Suggestions, Tips and help in development forums there are posts that members have provided and you have added those suggestions, tips a help into BeerSmith.

To encourage new members to read and add additional suggestions, tips and help in development I would suggest you or somebody on your team cull the old posts.

Why?  1) Because you have over time upgraded the program, you have already included many of these user suggestions.  2)  By culling out the old, us new users can sort through the new ideas faster, get us up to speed and become active users sooner.

Rep, I can see your point but have to disagree,
1) I can see benefits in keeping the old posts and replies as a resource for users who might not come back to the site as often as some and need to "catch up" on the new developements that have taken place since their last visit.

2) New posts that have not been read by you are highlighted so you really don't need to go through older threads that you have already read, simply visit the highlighted ones to know you are reading current unread posts.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrewqld said:
Rep said:

I have two picky issues:

Rep, I can see your point but have to disagree,
1) I can see benefits in keeping the old posts and replies as a resource for users who might not come back to the site as often as some and need to "catch up" on the new developements that have taken place since their last visit.

2) New posts that have not been read by you are highlighted so you really don't need to go through older threads that you have already read, simply visit the highlighted ones to know you are reading current unread posts.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks Andrew.  The old posts I would recommend deleting are only posts referring to issues that have now been made moot because of an addition/fix to the software.  IE, Maybe a suggestion was offered by a user and Brad then incorporated that suggestion into a software update. 

Like I say, it is no big deal but have noticed that the whole BeerSmith operation is under examination for improvements.  By deleting the old, now moot issues, it cleans up the database so new users do not become confused.

Back