• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Download times for BS2 - El Capitan Beta

Hello

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have downloaded BS2 on a 2009 MacMini running Yosemite and the download time jumped up to 4+ hours. It eventually downloaded, I had no issues with my internet prior or after downloading, so I didn't attribute it to my internet speed.

I have to swap computers and the other is running El Capitan. It is a 2008 MacPro. Both are on the same network and both are showing total download time of 6 hours. It's a 41 MB file, this shouldn't be the case. I just tried to download a music album, 16 songs, from Amazon and that happened in a matter of minutes. Is there something about the download link for BS2? Obviously I just have to wait and let it download, but it's so slow it made me wonder what could be up.

I searched the forum and did not find anything on this, which makes me wonder if it is somehow just happening to me, but I wanted to ask.

The file is hosted on Amazon S3 and not my BeerSmith server so honestly it should be lightning fast.  I just downloaded it in about 2 seconds.

Honestly I have no idea why it would be hanging up for you as Amazon S3 hosts files for a large portion of the internet and they have servers around the world.

Brad

Back