• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grain units

F

foppa78

After I scale a recipe to the amount that I brew I often wind up with fractions of grain pounds. Example 14.77 lbs of base malt.

My scale will only weigh pounds with the fraction being in ounces. So in unless I do the math in my head (which I don't) I have to go in and convert all of the fraction of pounds into ounces. So when BeerSmith shows that I need 14.77 lbs of grain I have to go in and convert it to 14lbs 12.32 ozs. Instead of me having to convert the fraction of a pound to ounces every time is there anyway that BeerSmith can display my grain bill in pounds.ounces? I realize this is probably more of a limitation of my scale but I just bought this one and I know other scales do the same thing.

Thanks!

Hi,
  Go to the Options Dialog (tools menu) and click on the Units tab.  From there, neat the bottom of the page is an option "For English Units, display grain units in both pounds and ounces".

If you check that box and press OK, you will see the amounts displayed in lbs and ounces on the displays and printouts.

Cheers!
Brad

That did the trick. Your application is awesome. I knew there would be a solution.

Thanks!

Back