• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

XMTD-8000 PID controller

TAHammerton

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Well we are almost ready to start brewing at the Wellsboro House Brewery. We just have 2 things left to do - C02 and figure out our control panel. The later is causing us much grief. Does anyone have experience with this controller? We have no documentation. It does not work set up as it came from China. We can't figure out how to set the temperature range. Right now we can fill a tank with water but are unable to control the temperature. The only control we have is the valve for the glycol, and we know it is opening and closing, but the temp does not seem to converge on the set point.
If anybody has good recommendations for the P,I,D set values that would be a good start.

We have a 10 barrel system from China with a CLT, HLT, Mash Tun, Kettle, 4 x conicals and 2 bright tanks. All vessels are jacketed with steam heat/glycol as appropriate. The glycol chiller is rated at 60,000 BTU/hr which should do the job.

For aspiring brewers note that we expected to be brewing in January and I hope we will finally be able to start in August! The equipment was delivered in July of last year.

I will post some pics from Instagram as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Do you already have this?
http://www.shsure.com/down/00000271.pdf

It seems a little insufficient, but it's better than nothing.

This might be more relevant:
http://www.ykeyang.com/admin/pic/20085289201306.pdf

Best of luck!

Hi Brewfun,

Thanks for the links, we did already find those, but they are not helping us much. I am spending the day at the brewery trying to figure it out today. We can't actually put wort in the tanks until I do.

Thanks again, you are a most helpful person! I will let you know how it goes.

Well unfortunately no resolution yet. The entire brewery is ready to go except we have no control over our glycol. Dead in the water.
We are considering completely bypassing the control panel and using a basic thermostat. Can't be any worse than the PID which can't keep within 20 degrees of set point.

TAHammerton said:
Well unfortunately no resolution yet. The entire brewery is ready to go except we have no control over our glycol. Dead in the water.
We are considering completely bypassing the control panel and using a basic thermostat. Can't be any worse than the PID which can't keep within 20 degrees of set point.

Sounds like you need to replace the PID. I like the Dwyer products. Lots of functionality for under $100.

Hello there,

This is Derrick from Tiantai company (China supplier), which have more than 20 years experience in this field.
If you all have any issues on beer equipment for example XMTD-8000 PID controller, feel free contact me by email brewery@cnbrewery.com
I will try best to supply you sutiable documents in a timely manner. That will be our final goal to see your brewery running well and serving beer in market.

If you have any further demands on beer equipment, also can shoot me an email.

Thank you.
Cheers,
Derrick

www.microbrewerysystem.com

Back