• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes for fresh picked hops

pdough

New Forum Member
Reaction score
One of my relatives started growing hops and here is what I will have access to Centennial, Chinook, cascade, nugget, and cluster he has about an acre of each so quanity is not a problem.

My plan is to have one or more 5 gal batches fermented and ready to be dry hopped before they are harvested due to the very short life span of fresh hops. I’ll take any suggestions into consideration so feel free to run wild with this. However this is kinda the direction I was thinking of either a large batch that I can divide up then dry hop to showcase each individual type of hop and or a batch that uses as many of the hop varieties as possible. As far as bittering hops I want to try and keep it relatively low for an IPA kind of like heady topper as my goal is to try and showcase the flavor and aroma first and foremost.  it doesn’t have to nessjacilry be an IPA but obliviously I’m looking for hop forward styles to showcase the hops.   

Back