• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Android JavaScript errors

Marie-Annick

New Forum Member
Reaction score
With the latest updates, I've been periodically getting JavaScript errors when using the timer and switching between the mash and boil options. In addition, while the displayed timer pauses after hitting pause, the timer continues running and signals alarms and pop-up notifications in the background. Lastly, I have one recipe stored on the local device that no longer appears to link to that recipe. Instead, tapping it brings up a different recipe.

Phone is a Nexus 6P running 6.0.1

Thanks,
  I was not aware of this bug - I'll take a close look at the timers and try running them on the Nexus simulator.

Brad

I've been getting similar error on my device. Usually pops up when I try to use the timer. It has happened with multiple recipes and I cannot find a way around it.

Device: Amazon Fire Tablet (5th generation, Fire OS 5.3.1.0)
Software: Beersmith Mobile 2 (version 2.2.71)

"Javascript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'F_G_NAME' of undefined on line 4551 for file:///android_asset/www/beersmithFull.js"

When trying to use the timer on the app, error window comes up with the following.  Any way to rectify this error?  It has happened the last 3 times I've brewed.  (iPhone6 not Android)

indexFull.html
JavaScript error: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'beersmith.timerRecipe.F_R_NA ME') on line 6534 for file:///var/containers/Bundle/Application/353EC522-0522-4915-80DE-C7E3E04C1D17/BeerSmith2Full.app/www/beersmithFull.js

Back