• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2016 BJCP style guidelines

Russell

Brewer
Reaction score
I don't think I have the latest BJCP styles on my BeerSmith software. I have been trying to find the latest Festbier 4B but it isn't there, it is shown as a Munich Dunkle, so that tells me it is not updated. How can I update the styles for beer smith?

If you have not downloaded it yet, then click on 'add ons' and then 'add'.  Scroll down to the 2015 BJCP Guidelines and highlight it.  Then click 'install add-on' and it will download onto your beersmith folder.

Next or if you have already d/l'd the add-on, click 'options', then where it says 'Display Style Guideline', change it to the 2015 BJCP guidelines and they will now be reflected in any NEW recipes you create.  To change the style guideline in an existing recipe, open that recipe and click on the style drop down menu.  The 2015 guidelines will now be there for you to update that recipe to the new style guideline.

If you're seeing Munich Dunkel in 4b, you're looking at BJCP 2008. 2015 version lists Festbier in 4b.  Also, to the best of my knowledge, The 2015 version is the most current and they only recently made it available in the app.

Back