• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing Salts Entered Into Design

Kithikor

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello.
How do you enter your brewing salts into BeerSmith? When I do, I get the additions all throught. I was wondering if there is a way to have them grouped somehow. (I hope I explained this right)

Greetings,

If I understand your question, you want to enter ingredients that are not included in BS2 and they are not available as an Add-ON, is that correct?  All you need to do (in BS2 Desktop) is click on Ingredients, then Miscellaneous.  After the list is populated, click on Add Miscellaneous in the top left corner on the ribbon.  A dialog box pops up that will allow you to enter your new ingredient.

Now, as I understand, you want to have your particular ingredients grouped together. I don't believe BS2 allows you to create a particular group.  So, what you can do is simply add a special name to your ingredients to make them appear as a "group".  In other words, your group name may be: "Salts".  Now simply start each ingredient you want in that group with the name Salts - <name>.  Then when you're developing a recipe, click the Miscellaneous button, and scroll to your "Group".  Or search for your "Group" using your group Name - Salts - and all your ingredients will appear.

I hope this answers your question.

In addition to what KellerBrauer has stated, if this is something that you are adding as a rule to all recipes then you can set it up as a default in your recipe template.

To do this, click on 'Add Recipe' and the recipe template will come up.  Now enter in all the water conditioning salts you typically add into the template.  Now click on 'Set as Default' on the icon ribbon and this will become your new recipe template every time you start entering a new recipe.

Back