• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.3.5 Yeast attentuation calc seems off

wstehling

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Upgraded to 2.3.5 today, went to plug in my FG from the beer I kegged yesterday and all of a sudden in the session tab it shows that my estimated FG was 1.017.  I know for a fact that the estimate was 1.012 prior to upgrade, which is what I hit, measured by hydro.  So I changed the attentuation numbers for the yeast and to get the FG estimate back to 1.012 I had to set the attenuation to 84% from 74%, 74% is my normal and expected attenuation for this yeast. 

Bottom line, unless there is some new field that I'm drastically missing in the upgrade, it seems that the FG estimate calculation is off by about 10%.  Would be interested if anyone else has noticed this.

The only significant change I made that I can think of off the top of my head was the adjustment for mash temperature - which previously worked in only a very limited range.  However the adjustment is still bounded.  Are you using a very high or low mash temperature?

Brad

This was a double decoction.  I suppose that may have something to do with it.  Just strikes me as odd that 2.2 showed the est. FG as 1.012 and then after upgrade it turned into 1.017.  Further puzzling since I hit the 1.012 FG as predicted by 2.2 on the nose.

Back