• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems adding custom fields in Beersmith 2.3.5

kenkaz

New Forum Member
Reaction score
In the design tab, 9 fields are displayed on the bottom right when the slider bar is all the way to the bottom. I tried to add a few fields and they don't display. I found that I have to add 4 fields before a field appears on the right. In other words it looks like there are 13 fields per column but only 9 display.

I just downloaded 2.3.6 and the problem is solved

I did some testing and found out the problem is actually that the program is not resizing the virtual size of the window as you add new custom fields and so it cuts off some at the bottom.

Interestingly there is a simple workaround - if you just close the recipe and reopen it the program will pick up the new fields and window size correctly.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I am having a similar issue with the view. In macintosh 10.11.6 El Capitan, the "Add" section in the design panel is pushed all the way over to the right so that is not visible. You have to scroll over to be able to add the ingredients. While it is still usable, I have a large area of unused space (seen in the screen shot) that I would like to be able to drag the "add" tabs into. Please let me know if I am missing a way to fix this.

Thanks!
Todd Barrett

What I'm going to do in the next patch (in a week or two) is compress the width of the display a bit by shortening a few descriptions.  That should help a bit.  The challenge is making everything work for everyone including people with really tiny displays and people with monster displays - hard to do!

Brad

Back