• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't Scroll in Notes Field - Mac version 2.3.6, El Capitan 10.11.6

mardoo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

When I'm using the notes field, either Taste Notes or general Notes, I can't scroll within the field in the new version, either using the trackpad or the scroll bar. I highlight the particular notes field and try to scroll with the trackpad, but have to use the up or down arrow to navigate. Using the trackpad just scrolls the whole page. While using the arrows, the scroll bar appears at the right side of the field, but cannot be accessed using the trackpad. Rather, the text insertion/selection cursor is there and text gets selected when trying to use the scroll bar.

Occasionally a spare scroll bar appears between the edge of the notes field and the whole page scroll bar. This bar doesn't actually seem to do anything.

Any fix for this? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
  I improved the scrolling for general dialogs and may have accidentally messed up the notes which is a multi-line edit.  Its a quick fix so I'll put it in an upcoming patch in the next week or two.

Brad

I included this fix in 2.3.7 which will be out shortly.

Brad

Awesome! Thanks Brad. I really appreciate that there's actually a you there who responds!

Thanks - it is out now and I'm working on a few more fixes for 2.3.8 as well as the mobile updates now.

Back