• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Boil off question

telemarkus

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi All; 

I am setting up two new profiles in my BeerSmith software. One for a 60 min boil and one for a 90 min boil. Specfically wondering about the 20 G boiler maker profile (As I am using the same equipment. So that's a 20G mash and a 30G Boil Kettle. it has a value listed in there of 3.1G/60 mins. How is this calculated? for a 90 min boil does one simply add on another half f 3.1, so 1.55 more G boiling off? Is it a fixed rate? (Beersmith seems to default to 14.9% - but would this not change based on the vigor of the boil?)

Also how does one precisely calculate losses to trub and chiller. with hop intensive beers the loss will be more. presently i listed Loss to be 0.5G

Thanks!

markus

Read:  BeerSmith2 'Equipment Profile' set-up for new all-grainers  at the top of the "All grain/advanced" section of the forum. It will walk you through the set up.

Ah Excellent! I never saw that before. Thanks for the message durrettd.

Back