• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash efficiency incorrect after upgrade

enkamania

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings,

After the upgrade, all my measured mash efficiency's are off.  It seems the issue is with the field meas post mash gravity.  It arbitrarily put in a value of 1.050.  If I put the meas pre-boil gravity in the meas post mash gravity field it fixes it.  Is there a way to update the post mash gravity field globally?  Or do I have to go into every recipe and change it?

I have no idea whether the two are connected but ever since the latest update (on Linux), the estimated ABV in my old recipes has changed considerably - without me changing anything in either the recipes or the equipment...

No - the two are not connected.

What happened is the old version used only the pre-boil gravity which created all kinds of problems as that included top up water and sugar additions.  For many people this threw off the calculation substantially.

In the new version I did separate the post-mash gravity and use that for the mash gravity. For the measured value it has a similar measurement, which you will need to set.  You can set it to the default by opening the recipe and going to the field then clicking on "clear field" which will set it to the estimated value.

Sorry for the confusion and added work but there was no way to properly resolve the problem without splitting up the two values.

Brad

Hi,

What are the XML tags for the new "Post Mash Gravity" and "Measured Post Mash Gravity"? I would like to include in reports and see several similar questions.

Regards,
Cameron.

Back