• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom style.css not applied with 2.3.6

Lindh

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

Since I've upgraded to the new version my custom made report ignores the font in the style.css in the same folder. Used to work in previous versions so something has changed there...

If you want to mod the style.css file you need to put the custom file in the Program Files (x86)/BeerSmith2/Reports directory as the program copies it from there.  This was true in the previous version as well.

Brad

Actually, on the Mac you need to replace the style.css file inside the program itself (/Applications/BeerSmith2.app/Contents/Resources/style.css) because every time you choose a different report in BeerSmith app, the file in BeerSmith2/Reports/style.css gets replaced by the version from inside the app.
It would be better if the app would copy the style.css file from the app only if it doesn't exist in BeerSmith2/Reports/.  This would allow us to keep our modified style.css file in BeerSmith2/Reports directory.

Failing that, we need to customize our report htm files by coding the location of our style.css file from:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./style.css" type="text/css" /> to <link rel="stylesheet" href="./Custom/style.css" type="text/css" />

Actually I don't get it to work still. To get my custom font I used this in the html:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style10.css" type="text/css">
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Titillium+Web' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

And in the style10.css:
body {
  font-family: 'Titillium Web', sans-serif;
}

This worked in the previous version but not in 2.3.6. What would have changed since the update?

Wayne F. said:
It would be better if the app would copy the style.css file from the app only if it doesn't exist in BeerSmith2/Reports/.  This would allow us to keep our modified style.css file in BeerSmith2/Reports directory.

Please let me recant my statement - silly idea, your method is much simpler and follows Brad's recommendation.
I tested your method on v2.3.7 beta and yes, BeerSmith app does not pick up the font unless I download and install the font on my mac so that it is local.

I reverted to v2.2.12 and it indeed reaches out to google to fetch the font.

Ok so a local font should work the . How do I code that? I'm not so good with html/css.

How about we clarify this bug report:

Using google web fonts in style.css no longer works in BeerSmith v2.3.x

BeerSmith v2.3.x does not connect to internet to fetch the font when using this feature in style.css:
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Titillium+Web' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

This was working in BeerSmith v2.2

Lindh, when I tested this I didn’t change your html or css code when I installed the font locally on my mac (OSX 10.11.6). I searched and downloaded the font from http://www.1001freefonts.com/titillium_web.font then I used Font Book app (in the Mac’s Applications folder) to add the font to my Mac.

Back