• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adjusting SRM predictions

rabeb25

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I brew in the absence of oxygen. Therefor the oxidation coloring aspects( SRM, EBC) of normal brewing do not jive. I see about a 20% color reduction. Is there a way for me to account for this in the software? I have augmented the hop formulas to be proper(match BSAG), and Fg's(hochkurz mashing) to be proper, but I do not see an option for me to mess with color, short of changing my base malt color.

Thanks.

Correct. Color is relatively straightforward in BeerSmith, compared to other calculations. The place to make adjustments is with your malts.

You can make the adjustments in the recipes where it's most noticeable, first. The adjusted ingredients can then be given a new name or just a simple suffix to indicate they're altered. The ingredient databases can track inventory and update prices from items with unique names. Then, use the "Save Item" button found on the far right column of the recipe design window.

Back