• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud Recipe - Notes Wiped Out

sketchykg

Apprentice
Reaction score
I don't know what in the hell happened.  I tried to go into a cloud based recipe that I'm currently fermenting, and got an weird pop-up saying the "recipe is out of synch locally" or something like that.  Actually recreated it trying to open it again:

"Error - Recipe is currently open for editing on another computer - please try again"

But I hadn't opened the recipe elsewhere.  The the recipe was missing from the list, then it showed up twice.  When I finally was able to get it open, it was switched to an extract recipe and all the notes were missing.  Since I was using new ingredients and a type of yeast, I was keeping pretty regular notes on the fermentation, and they are now all missing.  This is a horrible pain in the ass.

It can happen if you are working on a cloud based recipe that was either open on your mobile device or possibly opened on your local device and then for some reason the program crashed without closing the recipe properly.  The "recipe open for editing" will clear itself automatically in about an hour.

Most likely you had it open at some point and it crashed while editing or your laptop ran out of power and it was not closed properly.

If you go to View->Recipe Archive you may have a copy of your notes as changes are generally saved to the archive at the same time they are saved to the cloud.

Brad

Thanks Brad.  I had another recipe completed wiped out when I added some notes via the phone, and saved correctly.  I was able to get back from the archive, but it appears that the issue is from the phone app.

Back