• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

HiDPI / Display Scaling support for Linux please

brewgoat

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm very excited to see continuing support for the Linux (Ubuntu) platform.

In this day and age of high resolution screens on laptops, desktop and even external LCD displays can I be so bold as to request proper display scaling for BeerSmith on Linux?

As you can see in attachment (hopefully) this computer is a recent model MacBook running Ubuntu 16.04 (Gnome) and the widgets do not scale properly. The text however does.

Cheers,

Paul S.

Attachments

• BeerSmith2.png
    BeerSmith2.png
    549.2 KB · Views: 542
Hi,
  Are you running the newer build (2.3) or the older one?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm running version BeerSmith 2.3.7 for Ubuntu 16.04, it's on a recent model MacBook Pro 13.

Feel free to use me as a guinea pig!

Cheers,

Paul Swanson

I'm having the same issue, loving the Linux support, but it's not very usable without high dpi scaling support. Any updates on this Brad, or anything I could do to help out?

Hi, i'm posting just to let anyone with this problem know. Sometimes I do some distro jumping. After using ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 and Kubuntu 18.04 and running with this issue, yesterday I installed Elementary OS Loki and without setting any scale factor everything looks great. Beersmth is usable again. Just letting you know.

Back