• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trial version not printing recipes / instructions

Mr Sworld

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Just trying out the trial version with a coffee porter recipe. I'm having issues with printing. The Print Preview page is just blank and none of the controls work.

Reading through some of the bug reports it seem Beersmith will not print unless IE is installed on the computer?

So...

1. I use Chrome as I'm a Android / Google user and that won't change.

2. I'm on Win 10 and it doesn't use IE anymore, it uses the Edge browser so I can't just have IE in the background for this program.

There is a workaround I've found which involves saving the recipes / brew instructions as a HTML page, then using Google Docs to upload it from the PC and print it out. However this isn't ideal.

Is there a better way to solve this problem and / or will this bug be investigated?

Apart from that the program looks great and I'm going to enjoy using it from what I can tell so far.

Thanks in advance!  ;D

I believe the plugin works with Edge (we certainly have it running on a number of Win 10 installs including my own laptop).  I'm not certain why it is not printing.  I'm assuming the regular preview window is displaying correctly?

Brad

Back