• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timer for recirculation/filtering step

npadin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, during the mash profiles, there is no way to add a step called recirculation or wort filtering. The idea is to have an extra step between the mash and the fly sparge called recirculation that helps in filtering the wort for around 5 to 10 minutes. I'd like BeerSmith software have the option to add an extra timer for this task.
Thanks in advance.
Nor.

Also some grains could be added during the recirculation step like roasted barley for instance. This is another missing feature in the software.

Greetings, if I understand what you are asking, why couldn't you simply add a step to your mash profile and call it recirc?  In this "recirc" step, the temperature would not change from the previous step.  You would input the amount of time you want to recirculate.  I think if you add a new step, just input the data needed for the timer to function the way you want.

Back