• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Kegging Off Flavor!?

rbraunberger

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just kegged my first beer and when I tasted the beer I noticed an off flavor. My beer tastes like I have loose change in my beer glass. I know I cleaned the keg and lines very well and was wondering if the flavor could be from the Co2. I had my tank filled at a local medical supply store. Please help!  Kinda sucks I spent all this time and money to end up with a beer I can't drink!!!

You can get Metallic flavors from the water you use of poor quality of grains,was this all grain or extract. If this was all grain did you take a pH reading of the mash.

it was all grain. And I used the same water I always use with my brewing and this has never happened.  I'm in Montana and the water quality is not really an issue.  I think anyway.  And I did not take a Ph.  I never have. Maybe I should start.

Here is some info about flavors.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section4/chapter21-2.html

Back