• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

creating a profile for an e-rims system

fjbrolly

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a 5500w element in a 15 gal kettle controlled with a PID temp controller and a 10gal cooler for a mash tun, a pump to circulate the wort through the kettle and the tun, and a counterflow chiller. How do I set up the profile so that brewsmith recognizes that there is no sparge, all the water is used from the outset?

I'll try that. I've already made a few batches, I have numbers- OG, water in, batch size, trub etc. I'm trying to get an equipment profile set up so that recipes are converted.
Thanks for the response!

Start with a BIAB equipment profile, adjust settings and save as your profile (Name it 01-Your Equipment). After several batches you will find out your brew system efficiency for different styles / gravity beers. I no time you will be hitting your numbers every time.

Back