• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Cloud Password Doesn't Seem to Work With Some Characters

loudawg

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently updated my password for the cloud service to use a new one generated by my password manager.  The password contained special characters.  BeerSmith said my password was updated successfully but when trying to log in, I get an invalid username/password error.  I reset my password again and got the same error a second time.  I repeated the procedure one more time but this time generated a password that didn't contain any special characters.  This time I was able to log in.

If BeerSmith can't handle some characters it should validate this when setting the password and display an error instead of saying it was successful.  It would be helpful to also list the password constraints ahead of time like many sites do.  Ideally, special characters would be supported but at the very least, some validation should be applied if they aren't.

We've had some issues with certain special characters on some platforms.  I recommend sticking to numbers/letters though many characters do work.

Brad

Back