• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing IBrewmaster 2 to BeerSmith 2

SideTrackedWorks

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am attempting to move my recipes from IBrewMaster 2 to BeerSmith 2.  I can export my recipes in .xml format, but BeerSmith does not always allow the recipes to be imported.
Email recipe in .xml format and some will import into BeerSmith. Some will crash BeerSmith. Some are not recognized.
Export to Dropbox, files are not recognized by BeerSmith

I have tried 20 at a time, 10 at a time, 5 at time, 3 at a time (success once, but crashed the second set of 3), and 1 at a time.

IBrewMaster 2, V 1.2.8 on iPhone 6plus ,V 9.3.5
BrewSmith 2, V 2.3.7 on Mac OSX, V 10.11.6

Anyone have success Importing?

Turns out of few of my recipes did not have the correct opening and ending tags for .xml which caused BrewSmith 2 to falter.
For a few recipes I had two mash steps and the export .xml opened only one Mash Steps tag but was trying to close two Mash Steps tags. If these recipes were in the export page, none of the recipes would import.  Not sure why this happened.

Steps:
Exported one or two recipes from IBrewMaster 2 by email.
Opened the exported .xml file in Safari.
Safari either opened the file or produced an error stating where the missed tag was located.
Open the file in Text Edit, removed the culprit and saved the file.
Changed the file extension from .txt to .xml.
Used the Open With option and opened with BrewSmith.

Back