• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Boil time missing due to long names

vistad

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I printed out a brewsheet for some friends of mine, an APA, however it gets more bitter due to the placement of boiling time.
I had the first addition at 20min, but since no time was shown because "Columbus/Tomahawk/Zeus (CTZ) [15,50 %]" extends to much, CTZ was added at 60mins...
Wouldn't it be more convenient if boiling time was next to amount?

Greetings vistas, I have read your post several times and I'm still confused.  Can you please clarify? What exactly is your issue?

I'm sorry for my confused writings ;-) When I created an brewsheet in PDF for my friends to print out, all steps in the process is printed out. However where the hop additions is written, boiltime is at the end, after the name of the hop... well I added the recipe here as attachment.
As you can see, Columbus/Tomahawk/Zeus (CTZ) [15,50 %] is to long for the boiltime to show up.
I posted it here, since it's kind of a bug, when brewsheets is rendered without boiltime shown.
Regarding the placement of time, it might be better to have the amount and time in front of the hops, chronologically.

And for the record, the time CTZ was planned to be added was 20mins and 5mins, not 60mins and 10mins. (That's what my friends thought, since no time was shown...)

edit: I see that you can scale printouts, and that might be a solution, however crucial info should be readable without needing to adjust something...

Attachments

• solstapa.pdf
    438.8 KB · Views: 199
Now I see your issue and it makes sense. The only way I can see this issue being corrected would be to have the text in the field in the printout to truncate or wrap.  This would require programming changes that may cause problems in other parts of the printout.  But this aspect would be for Brad to solve.

However, a workaround would be to simply rename your hop to CTZ leaving all the hop information unchanged.  Simply go to Ingredients then Hops then find your hop and clic Edit and rename it.

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

I renamed a good number of the ingredients to shorten them and make them easier to read/search for not only on the reports but also in the design screen and shopping lists.

In my inventory, I shortened the hop to just plain 'CTZ' as that is usually how most shops have them listed.

Back