• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Est Mash Eff - different values on same page

pretzelb

Brewer
Reaction score
I just started moving fields around on the design page and I ended up with "est mash eff" in two places, which is fine, but the values are different. I can see the value near the top to the right of where I can enter my BH Efficiency. I then added it to the bottom third of the page where you can click "select fields". The spelling of the fields is the same. Both fields are read only.

Even more odd than the values being different is that the top value is 100%. The bottom value adjusts based on the BH Efficiency so I assume it is estimated by the various loss values entered elsewhere.

And now they match. Must be something to do with closing the recipe and opening it again.

Not sure you want to call this a bug or not but the "est mash eff" on the top of the page will not change until you save and close the recipe. The "est mash eff" that you can optionally add to the bottom will change on the fly as you change the BH efficiency.

Back