• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hard drive crash and data recovery.

motorbikeman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi.. 

I am hoping you guys can help. 

My hard drive failed with all my recipes and profiles on it.   

I now have a new drive and new windows 10 OS. 

I am trying to recover the lost data via a data recovery service..   

My question is,  where in the old drive will I find both my equipment profiles and recipes.  There is a TB of crap on the hard drive also .

And when I find my old data, how to I get in onto my new computer with reinstalled beersmith2.

Everything is in your users document folder under beersmith.  Just copy the entire folder over.  The path can be set by the user but is usually c:\users\<user>\documents.  Mine is still in "c:\My Documents\"

Also, I suggest backing up the beersmith2 folder by selecting the beersmith2 folder in the documents folder, right click beersmith2 and Send to Compressed Folder.  Back this up periodically to a backup drive, dropbox, google drive, microsoft onedrive, etc.  i just use a flash drive.  A also backup all documents folder the same way. 

Cheers

Back