• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Getting M4R ringtones to work on the iPhone with Music

SophiaL

Apprentice
Reaction score
Using Audacity 2.4.2 and have recently upgraded to MacOS 11.0.1. This question is not about Big Sur compatibility specifically.

I used to make ringtones following the process (...AAC encoding to M4R...) and through iTunes it would load to the iPhone and work. Then, with Catalina and migration of iTunes to Music, it stopped working. I tried to do the LAME/FFMpeg update per the user manual, but I think I must have been doing something wrong because I couldn't get it to work. iphone ringtone

Can anybody provide guidance on how I would make sure I'm doing the update right? Do ringtones on the iPhone work--or am I wasting my time?

Propylene glycol is used as a chilling media for beer production, but is not a direct additive to beer. It's used to lower the freezing point of water that flows around the beer tanks and keeps them cool for fermentation. Similar to placing a pot of soup into a water bath, the water cools, but doesn't get into the soup.

I would caution you to stay away from the oddly flavored beers unless you contact the brewery directly about their flavorings. Although most breweries try to use the real ingredients or water based and whole fruit concentrates, there are flavor concentrates that use PG in them because using the alcohol based versions would trigger a tax consequence for the brewery. But, this is true for a wide array of ice creams, candies, syrups and other foods (including meats) with "natural and artificial flavoring" added.

Back