• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tilt Digital Hydrometer

jimmayhugh

Apprentice
Reaction score
I picked up a Tilt Digital Hydrometer a while back, and have used it several times now. I'm happy with the product.
I've developed my own code to allow a Raspberry Pi to gather and save the data, as I didn't have an iOS or Android device available at the time.

Are you willing to share your code and anything else we need to know about collecting the data.
I just got a Tilt brewometer but it came after my latest beer was already in the fermenter so I calibrated it and dropped it in anyway. The SG has stopped dropping but it bounces around between 1.008 and 1.011. It will stay at the same for several hours or even days and then change. Beersmith says that the FG should be 1.008 so I don't know if it is really finished or not. I think if I could plot the sg then I would have more confidence in the moving average than I do in the individual reading I'm getting when I happen to think about it.

Handsaw said:
Are you willing to share your code and anything else we need to know about collecting the data.
I just got a Tilt brewometer but it came after my latest beer was already in the fermenter so I calibrated it and dropped it in anyway. The SG has stopped dropping but it bounces around between 1.008 and 1.011. It will stay at the same for several hours or even days and then change. Beersmith says that the FG should be 1.008 so I don't know if it is really finished or not. I think if I could plot the sg then I would have more confidence in the moving average than I do in the individual reading I'm getting when I happen to think about it.

My code is located at my github.

I use a RaspberryPi model 3 to collect the data via bluetooth.

Back