• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith mobile whirlpool/Steep Hop utilization

xenon2000

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
    I have a problem with Beersmith mobile. In the desktop version I have the new "Whirlpool/Steep Hop Utilization" setting at 20 minutes which works good for my recipes , but upon importing them into the mobile version I find it defaults to (I assume) 40 minutes and the IBU calculations are way higher than in my original recipe. Is there a way to change this value in the mobile app or does it need an upgrade?

The 2.3 upgrades for BeerSmith mobile are not done yet.  I'm actually putting the finishing touches right now and they will go into beta testing this week.  Then it will be a few weeks to get any kinks worked out before I can release it on IOS and Android.

Brad

Any update on this?  I can't find whirlpool addition options in my mobile version either...

Apparently still not in the mobile app which is disappointing after all this time

Brad, any update?
Rick

I've got Steep/whirlpool as an option in my mobile version (android) and the duration is editable, is that what you're looking for?  Or is it the utilization that you're looking to tweak?

I?m running iOS version 2.3.4 and I have a Steep/Whirlpool option as well.

In the Desktop version, I can set the Steep/Whirlpool Hop Util to zero when I add hops say below 170 so no bitterness is added.  The Mobile app does not have this option.

This means my Desktop recipe shows 45.4 IBUs and my Mobile app shows 92.2 for the same recipe

Rick

Toy4Rick said:
This means my Desktop recipe shows 45.4 IBUs and my Mobile app shows 92.2 for the same recipe

Well, then DEFINITELY don't brew the mobile recipe! [/s]  ;) ;D 8)

Back