• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hops missing from database

itsnotrequired

New Forum Member
Reaction score
went to create a new recipe today and when i try to add hops, it looks like there is only seven hops in the database.  if i double click on the hops.bsmx file, it opens up and all the hops are there.  never had this issue before, why can't i see all the hops when i click on the 'add hops' button when creating a recipe?  i was playing with a recipe two days ago and everything was there but 'magically' the hops disappeared when i opened beersmith today.  all the yeast, grains, etc. appear when i try to add those items.  help!

running version 2.3.7 on windows 7.

Open your recipe and click to add hops to the recipe.  Make sure that the box next to the search box labeled 'Show only items in inventory' is Unchecked.

If that doesn't fix it, let us know and we can look further.

Attachments

• add hops capture.JPG
    add hops capture.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 343
Oginme said:
Open your recipe and click to add hops to the recipe.  Make sure that the box next to the search box labeled 'Show only items in inventory' is Unchecked.

If that doesn't fix it, let us know and we can look further.

it was unchecked.

i ended up finding a solution.  i noticed various hops.bsmx files in the Users\xxx\Documents\BeerSmith2 folder.  i deleted all those and copy-pasted the hops.bsmx file from the Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2 folder, the file that has all the hops (dated 6/23/16).  i then restarted the program, computer, everything, still didn't work.  then i double-clicked on the hops.bsmx file in the Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2 folder, which launched BeerSmith.  from there, i selected all the hops and exported to the Users\xxx\Documents\BeerSmith2 folder, saving the file as hops.bsmx.  quit beersmith, reopened, clicked on 'add hops' and they were all there.

weird...

Back