• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Does BeerSmith Have Updates??

H

Houndog82

I purchased beersmith about a year ago and have noticed that it may need to be updated.  For instance the Style guidelines are nowhere near the BJCP guidelines.  Also how or where do I get information on new or additional products for example: Grains, Hops, Yeast, ETC.  Is there someway for me to keep up with updates on beersmith or must I buy the new version???

Houndog82 said:
I purchased beersmith about a year ago and have noticed that it may need to be updated.  For instance the Style guidelines are nowhere near the BJCP guidelines.  Also how or where do I get information on new or additional products for example: Grains, Hops, Yeast, ETC.  Is there someway for me to keep up with updates on beersmith or must I buy the new version???

Brad is always updating Beersmith.  Go to the website and you will find many of the updates you seek.  Also, within your version of Beersmith, (and if your version has it), Go to Tools>Update Beersmith from the web.

No doubt, Brad will show up here in a few hours and add to my comments.  That really is one of the nice things about this program.  Support.

You need to install 1.4 which is the newest version the auto update feature did not work in the old version. After you install it put you registration number in and your good to go.

Hi,
  You can get the latest version here:
    http://www.beersmith.com/download.htm

Also there are lots of addons, recipes, etc...on our main support page:
    http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm

We've released a ton of new material for BeerSmith, including several updates, new recipe packs, and new ingredients in the last year.  We've also been working on the BeerSmith Blog, BrewPoll.com, and BrewWiki.com to name just a few projects.

Cheers,
Brad

Back