• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Miscellaneous Ingredients

Rockytopbrews

Apprentice
Reaction score
So I have added unfiltered apple juice to my miscellaneous ingredients profile, but is there away to add the nutritional values so it will calculate into the OG and ABV?

Greetings rocky -

By "nutritional values", do your mean like vitamins and minerals?  If so, why are you thinking this information would affect the OG and ultimately the ABV?  Or, are you referring to the sugar, extract potential and yield?  If so, much of that answer would depend on the apple juice itself.  Much like malt, the possibilities are many.

If you are looking to add fermenable sugar value to the profile, then you need to create the profile in the fermentables (grain) ingredients listing.  In most cases, juices end up being more of a diluent to the concentration of fermentable sugars in the wort than adding to the specific gravity.

Keller - I was referring to the sugars

Oginme - Aw yes that would make sense to add it in the grain category

Thanks for the help guys, cheers!

Back