• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Formulating a Partigyle in Beersmith

JAlonz0

New Forum Member
Reaction score
How should I go about developing a partigyle brew with BIAB in beersmith?  Does anyone else do this?  I was thinking reiterated mashing with a 3rd running and throwing some fresh base at a batch sparged brew. 

Bumping up....I'd also be interested in hearing how anyone else was using BeerSmith for this.

I personally did a form of partigyle brew but did not set up a profile for it.
What I did was assume 75% usage [meaning I counted my grains for the second batch as 25%, by weight, compared to the first brew. I found this to be a bit too high, it's probably more like 1/8 (12.5%) but have not had the chance to attempt again yet.

I also plan on doing a partigyle where I brew initial beer and for the second run I add in 1-2# base malts and use pH stabilizer to get me in range for conversion. You can also choose to add some amylase enzyme too.

When/if I ever get this done I'll post here or in a new thread.

Back