• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost all of my recipes

Sleepyemt

Apprentice
Reaction score
I opened Beersmith this morning and all my recipes are missing.... any help would be appreciated.... Vers 2.3.7

Thanks

First make a backup of your Documents/BeerSmith2 folder (unless you moved it somewhere else).

Next go to File->Recover from Backup and use the open in tab option to view the various automatic backups.  When you find the one you need you can recover it from the same dialog.

Brad

hi i have a similar problem.  except cloned all files to a new computer, it then asked for a product key again.  now i have no recipes and the program appears to have written a new set of archives etc- i.e. they are the basic set.

hopefully i have a time capsule back up somewhere, can i just restore everything under the beersmith folder? 

using a new MacBook pro,  running 2.2.12 beer smith.

thanks-worried...

I had the same problem where Beersmith acted as though it was a new install, and all my recipes were gone!  All the files were fresh and new, even the archive files.  I have now figured out what happened, at least in my case, and I have recovered everything.

I am using Windows 7, with a separate user account for my homebrewing, and use Remote Desktop most of the time.  Something happened to corrupt the user account, and Windows was logging in with a "temporary user" account.  It acts like the normal account has been logged in, but creates a temporary user, complete with the temporary files and directory structure needed.  Once I figured out what was happening, I was able to navigate and find the Beersmith files in C:\Users\"username"\Documents folder.  If you just go to "My Documents", Windows and Beersmith are actually using C:\Users\Temp\Documents.

Hope this helps a few of you with missing recipes.

-Jimmy

Back