• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerXML Brewing Date is not imported properly

priorm

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I import a beer.xml file into BeerSmith 2, the brewing date (<DATE>) is not preserved.

I am able to show this by:

1) Export the Sample Cromwell Bitter recipe to a BeerXML file (original brewing date: 14 Jul 2010)
2) Open the exported beer.xml file

The date is now converted to today in the BeerSmith display.  However, the exported date (and date that was saved in the exported XML file) is:

<DATE>14 Jul 2010</DATE>

I am using BeerSmith 2.3.7 on a Windows 7 machine.

I'll attach the test.xml file that I exported.

Is this a know bug?

Attachments

• test.xml
    15.7 KB · Views: 399
Do topics added to the area generate a support response? 

Or is the response from the user community?

Can anyone else confirm this as a bug?

Generally, this is a forum for help from other users.  That said, Brad does regularly look at what is being discussed or asked and chimes in when he can or gets ideas on what else needs to be included in the software.

I think if anyone had some helpful advise, they probably would have responded by now. 

Thanks for the insight.

Is there a way to formally report a bug and request support or a fix?

Mark,
  I looked at the code and I believe its looking for something of the format mm/dd/yyyy when importing.

Cheers!

Brad Smith

Brad,

I modified the import date format and I can now import the brewing date properly into BeerSmith.

However, BeerSmith does not export using the required import date format.  Therefore, it is not possible to export a recipe from BeerSmith using BeerXML and then reimport it properly.

Also, I see issues when importing hop additions.  It appears all additions are converted to "Boil". My recipes also included "First Wort" and "Dry Hop" additions and these were converted to boil additions.  This issue can be replicated by exporting a BeerSmith recipe with First Wort and Dry hop additions and then importing the recipe again.  When this happens, the recipe is changed (dry hops and first wort hops become boil hops) and the IBU calculations are substantially impacted.  I did not test this with whirlpool additions.

Can you please look into this as well?

I am trying migrate 300+ recipes from another software package into BeerSmith.

Thanks for the help.

Was this bug ever fixed in any of the subsequent releases?

Back