• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing units

Frudel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Changing units from Tools -> Options -> Units does no affect the "Misc" tab under ingredients.

All the Miscellaneous ingredients stay the way they were before changing units. Every other tab changes fine.

Any assistance? I am trying to change from US\UK to Metric.

I am aware that I can change them all manually, but they should change automaticly like in every other tab. Thanks for reading!

Misc items are so diverse in nature that they each have the unit type in the profile of that particular item.  If you want to change the units, you need to do this for each item that you desire a different unit of measure. 

Thank you for your answer .
But for most of the items / spices it is a calculation of fixed units, weight or volume , between ounces  into grams  .
Orange peels for example you need 0,3 oz for a 5,5 gallon batch size this could easly converted to 8,5 g for a batch size of 20,82l
with the beersmith programm like it do with water or hops , .
Convert  this for every misc. addon  by hand , will reduce the advantage using beersmith for converting and scale recipes
Sorry my english could be better......but worse either

Markus

Yes, it is a bit onerous. What I have done is just change the misc items as I use them, converting from oz, tsp, or other units to grams.  This way those items I use most often get converted and over time I convert those items I use/need and can ignore all the other items I don't use.

For people with  the same problem

I added most of the Misc Items ( like Orange Peel , Coriander etc ) to the Hops with 0 % Alpha and 0% Beta.
As far as i can see , everything works fine ,the scaling of the receips work proper.
Maybe it could be changed sometimes to make life easier....
But all in all a great program

Thank you Oginme for watching an help

Greetings from germany

Markus

Back