• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith2 Not Quitting Cleanly - Windows 32

escarpmentbrewing

Apprentice
Reaction score
# Configuration
- Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393)

# What's Happening

Experiencing repeated problem where BeerSmith2 does not close properly. This occurs both when the application is closed via File - Exit and when the application is closed via the close button in the upper right of the primary window. In each case next launch of the app gives the unclean shutdown ( another copy is running ). In Task Manager the BeerSmith2 application will move from Apps to Background Processes. If you override (Click Yes) a second copy will be launched into Apps - if that is exited the second copy will  move to Background Processes. Each will hold an ~30mb memory space open.

# What Occurred Prior to this Problem

Had been working on a new recipe. Copied and edited a Mash profile. Also added several add-ins to account for grain available at local HBS. Noticed that the application would lock up when printing the recipe after this. (It was printing ok prior to this)

# What I have done

Searching the forum for ideas saw the .12 beta - upgraded to that. Issue not resolved. Did a full backup of files just in case. Have started and restarted computer.

# Information Available

I have run a msinto32.exe report on the system just in case that would help. Don't want to post it here initially but would be glad to send it if it would help. Would be glad to do any additional information collection.

I had one other user have issues like this after downloading a third party set of data (local malts/prices I believe).  Not sure why but when he did a restore (File->Restore from Backup) to a point before the new add-ons were installed it worked correctly again.

Brad

Back