• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Set price function

Pears

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am confused about the set price function.

In the recipie design tab i can see the volumes on my inventory and i assume my inventory prices. When i click on the set price button the prices change. What is happening?

I am a bit confused.  In you recipe under the design tab, there is no "set price" function.  Are you talking about the "update prices" function?

When you make a recipe, BeerSmith pulls the information on pricing for that item at the time you enter it into the recipe from the ingredient profile listings.  If you later go out and purchase the item(s) at a different price and enter it into your inventory, the change will not show in the recipe until you click on "update prices". 

When you click on "update prices" in the design tab, beersmith will check the prices listed for each of the items in the recipe and update it to the current price.

The "set price" option shows on the inventory page as well as the ingredient listings.  In these views, you must highlight the item you wish to change the price of and click on 'update price' in order to enter the new value.  Updating the pricing in the ingredient list will automatically update it in your inventory and vice versa.  Again, it will not update the prices in your already created recipes.

Thank you

Sorry yes I meant the update price button. I understand now. When I click update price it then changes the price to that in my inventory.

Back