• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Cloud Doesn't Open Recipes Stored On Cloud With Certain Connections.

SudsMonkey

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed on my lap top (Lenovo YOGA 900) that when I am on my home internet connection (WIFI) I can use Beersmith cloud just fine. However, when I am at my brewery I have to use an AT&T hot spot connection via a Samsung Galaxy S7, and while on this connection I cannot get the cloud recipes to open. I get a message box pop over that is empty so I don't know what the issue is.

I am in my home as I write this and can change back and forth between internet connection and when connected to AT&T Home WIFI it works fine, then I change to the Tethered Hot Spot, and it doesn't.

For the record, the Tethered Hot Spot is 4G and I don't have any issues with anything else that I am doing on the lap top via the tethered hot spot.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G

The most likely issue is a firewall or firewall program blocking access to BeerSmith.com.  Some commercial sites and many businesses block access to anything with "beer" in it so that might be an issue.

Brad

Are you saying that it could be a firewall on my phone?

I have the security settings the same for both home and when connected to the phone.

-G

Back